We are proud to use a blended wax of hydrogenated rapeseed and soybean oils. Please be aware it is perfectly normal for candles to have a slightly bumpy texture on the surface which can be noticable once your candle has burned and re-set. This authenticates that the candle is made using a natural wax and is perfectly normal behavior for natural waxes. We made a conscious decision not to add paraffin to our candles, because we did not want to take away from the properties of this beautiful natural wax.
For CANDLE safety we advise the following:
- The first time you burn your candle do not trim your wick/s as they have aready been trimmed correctly.
- It is important that you do not extinguish the candle on your first burn until it reaches a full even melt pool to the edges of the glass. This will prevent tunnelling and ensure an even burn down the glass.
- After your first burn and in between all further burns trim your wick/s to 7mm and ensure wick/s is upright and centre at all times. For a clean cut we advise using wick trimmers, these make it easier to trim the wick as it gets lower in the vessel and if used properly ensure no trimmings fall into the wax. Do not trim your wick/s until the wax pool has solidified to avoid wick trimmings getting trapped in the wax.
- Sometimes the wick may form a mushroom shaped head on burning. Please do not worry about this, just ensure you trim this away carefully before re-lighting, but avoid trimming too short as this could affect the next burn and subsequent melt pools.
- Do NOT burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time, otherwise you will risk the glass overheating and with all candles this could cause the glass to explode.
- You may need to adjust the wick location if it steers to one side, as sometimes the wick can move off centre as it burns down. Carefully do this with a stainless steel wick dipper instrument. Again this will prevent tunnelling of the wax and promote an even burn.
- You MUST stop burning your candle when a minimum of 13mm of wax remains in bottom of glass to avoid glass overheating.
- Always burn your candle within sight and NEVER leave unattended.
- KEEP AWAY from children, flammable materials and pets.
- Glass may become hot so ensure you burn candle on heat resistant surface and handle with care.
- Keep candle free of wick trimmings and other flammable materials.
- NEVER extinguish candle with water or the lid. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish candle.
- Never allow candle to come in contact with water or any other objects.
- Do NOT burn your candle near open windows, drafty areas, curtains or upholstery.
- Do NOT burn if candle is cracked or chipped.
- Do not allow flame to touch sides of vessel as this could cause the vessel to crack and overheat.
- Use an appropriate safe lighting mechanism to light wick/s.
For WAX MELT SAFETY we advise the following:
- Wax melts are intended to be used in tealight wax burners and electric plug in burners.
- If you are using a tealight burner simply add a cube of wax to the well of the burner, add a tealight underneath and light it. If you are using an electric burner flick the switch on and let the cube melt. Please note, we cannot be held responsible for tealight or electric burners purchased from other companies, as we only test our own. In our experience, we find that using a tealight burner rather than an electric plug in burner produces a stronger scent throw as the wax is melted hotter.
- If using a tealight burner use a standard size unscented tealight in your burner. We strongly advise you do not use a larger size tealight as these may cause your burner to overheat and result in it shattering.
- We find one wax cube is efficient as our wax melts are highly scented. If you choose to add more, please be aware if you add too many cubes it could cause the well to overflow with molten wax, which is not only messy but dangerous as the wax gets hot.
- When removing wax from your burner we suggest lighting a tealight under your burner for approximately 15 seconds and carefully removing the wax. This should give it time to slightly soften and allow you to lift cleanly from your burner. Wipe the well clean and replace with another wax melt cube of your choice.
- Do not move or touch your wax melt burner while in use as they can become very hot.
- Keep wax melt burners and wax cube packets AWAY from children and pets.
- Burn on heat resistant surfaces away from draughts, open windows, and flammable materials.
For REED DIFFUSER safety we advise the following:
- On receipt of your reed diffuser, gently remove the stopper from the neck of the bottle. Place the reed into the bottle and allow it to soak up the fragrance oil for approximately three hours. After this time has passed flip the reed over to saturate the other side of the reed. This helps to speed up the process of the oil soaking up from the bottom diffusing through the entire reed.
- Find a suitable home for your reed diffuser AWAY from children and pets.
- Ensure it is kept in a postion where it will be not be knocked.
- If the diffuser liquid is spilled it may stain surfaces.
- Keep it away from electrical appliances in case of a spill.
- DO NOT light the diffuser reed or place diffuser anywhere near any flames or flammable objects.
- Expect a light fragrance to fragrance your room within 24 hours. The scent throw will vary depending on the chosen fragrance, some scents are stronger than others.
- Flip your reed a couple of times a week to ensure maximum scent throw.
- Take care when flipping the reed to ensure you do not spill fragrance on the bottle or surrounding objects.
It is important that you take all of the above into consideration to get the best from your candle/wax melts/reed diffuser.
As with all our products please ensure you use them in a safe and responsible way. Gatsby & Grey cannot be held responsible for lack of proper care.
On a lighter note, we want you to get the very best from our products and enjoy them throughout your home.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.